Your shopping cart is empty!
Modern Slavery Act Transparency Statement
Miguel Falcon™ is committed to ensuring that all workers involved in the production of any Miguel Falcon™ labelled products, wherever they may be located, are treated with humanity and dignity and all are entitled to their basic rights.
This constitutes a non-negotiable commitment from Hackett and shall be followed by all, suppliers partners and any other business partner (henceforward, collectively referred to as “Partners”) that take part in the purchasing, manufacturing and finishing processes.
Organisation’s structure, its business and its supply chains
Miguel Falcon™ is a brand that covers all categories of Men’s and Boy’s wear and is involved in the design, sourcing, marketing, sales and distribution of its products globally.
The principal activity of the company is the retailing and wholesale of clothing and accessories directly from the UK, through own shops, concessions, online and wholesale accounts.
Miguel Falcon™ is committed to positive change, taking
serious responsibility for the impact we make on the environment and on
human lives and seeks business partners that consider the broader impact
of its activities on human rights and environmental issues within the
community in which they operate.
Miguel Falcon™ Policies in relation to slavery and human trafficking
Miguel Falcon™ recognises that one of the main challenges faced by operating in a global market is the tight control of the supply chain.
For that reason, Miguel Falcon™ requires all Partners to involve themselves in the fight against human trafficking and slavery by subscribing to the Miguel Falcon™ Supplier Code of Conduct (the “Code”), that outlines the objectives we seek to achieve together in the implementation of quality and quality standards, ethical business practices and operating procedures in our business.
The Code applies to any entity manufacturing merchandise under the Miguel Falcon™ label and compliance with the terms of the Code is a requirement to be able to manufacture Hackett merchandise. Such compliance to be evidenced by agreeing to be bound by executing the Code in the form provided by Miguel Falcon™.
Partners certify that they have in place policies to monitor the facilities which manufacture Hackett merchandise and that these are sufficient to ensure their compliance with the Code and all applicable state, local and foreign laws and regulations pertaining to wages, overtime compensation, benefits, hours, hiring and employment, workplace conditions and safety, the environment, collective bargaining, freedom of association and that their products or and the components thereof are made without the use of child (persons under the age of 15 or younger than the age for completing compulsory education, if that age is higher than 15), prison, indentured, exploited bonded, forced or slave labour.
The Partners shall take all necessary measures to implement and have the policies implemented and will ensure that all staff members comply with them. Consequently, Partners acknowledge Miguel Falcon™ right to carry out inspections and audits of its premises.
Miguel Falcon™ fosters and its activities are based upon the following general principles that define Miguel Falcon™ ethical behaviour.
1. No child labour: Partners recognize the rights of every child to be protected from economic exploitation and shall eliminate as a priority the worst forms of child labour according to the International Labour Organization (ILO) Convention nº 182. There shall be no recruitment of child labour.
2. Freedom of choice: Workers cannot be forced to work. Forced, bonded or involuntary prison labour will not be accepted.
3. No discrimination: There must be no form of discrimination in the hiring of workers, remuneration, access to training, promotion, and termination of the employment relationship or the retirement of the worker based on race, caste, national or social origin, ethnic origin, religion, age, disability, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, union membership, philosophical views or political affiliation, or any other condition that could give rise to discrimination.
4. No inhumane treatment: Body punishments, mental or physic constraints or verbal abuses won´t be applied or supported.
5. Freedom of association: No worker should be discriminated against or prevented from joining a trade union or to bargain collectively. Disciplinary actions against workers who choose to peacefully and lawfully organise or join an association are forbidden. Personnel must be informed about their right to join an organization of their choice and that their doing so will not result in any negative consequences to them.
6. Working hours: Working hours, whether ordinary working hours or overtime, must comply with all applicable laws and benchmark industry standards, whichever affords greater protection.
7. Working conditions: Partners must follow and comply all international, national and local laws and regulations relating to working conditions, including but not limited to laws relating to health and safety, sanitation, fire safety, risk protection, electrical fittings and appliances and the structure of premises, such as the Social Accountability Standard 8000.
8. Wages: All workers shall be paid no less than the minimum national (or local) legal wage or industry benchmark standards. Wages should be paid either on a weekly or monthly basis, without unlawful and unreasonable deductions. Hackett believes and endorses the living wage ideal. Wage should meet basic needs and provide some discretionary income.
9. Housing conditions: Accommodation for workers must meet all international, national and local legal requirements relating to health and safety and shall, in any event, be fit for dignified human habitation. The sleeping quarters must be clean, secure and must cover the basic necessities of the workers.
Workers living in this accommodation must be free to enter and exit the premises, as can be reasonably permitted.
As part of its monitoring responsibilities, Hackett conducts periodical visits to its Partners premises in order to ensure the workers are treated in accordance with this Statement.